I know we’re British and therefore we don’t really need an excuse to be pissed off, but there does seem to be an unusually large amount of people generally pissed off at the moment, so I thought I’d sum up the reasons why -if you are feeling particularly pissed off- you can at least rest assured that a) you’re not the only one, and b) it’s quite justified.
- The weather’s shit. Summer’s officially over and Autumn is here.
- There isn’t a bank holiday until 25th December.
- There’s a really nasty viral bug going around which seems to be infecting everybody. Not only does it attack you for 48hours, it then lingers for weeks. And I mean, WEEKS.
- We don’t have a decent government, and the one we do have won’t last.
- The leader of the government-we-don’t-have just made an annoyingly lame speech about how we should all ‘pull-together because your country needs you’. Oh shut up, Dave.
- London Underground seems to think that September / October is a great time to strike; when the weather turns shit and everyone has to go back to work and start commuting again, they decide to make it even more miserable for everyone under the pathetic excuse that they haven’t had a pay increase in yonks. We can also blame London Underground for reason number 3 (the nasty viral bug flying around)
- Ugly Betty’s not as good as it used to be
- Cheryl completely let the nation down with her rubbish choice of XFactor finalists in the Girls category, opting to put through some horrific, talentless blonde Madonna / Gaga wannabe in place of some proper talent
- There are more spending cuts coming our way (mainly because the government before the government-we-don’t-have lost everyone’s money)
- At least one person you know is pissing off on a winter-sun holiday to Egypt, Dubai, Las Vegas, Australia, South Africa, India, the Caribbean or similar. And not only are they going but a) they’re really rubbing it in and b) they’ll post it all over twitter and facebook.
Which leads me to one final point: Tour operators, travel agents and airlines keep going bust. Actually there’s a chance that one of them will go bust and ruin your friend’s holiday, so at least that’s something to smile about…